Ads 468x60px

Labels

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Light of Stars (2004)


The Light of Stars


C G F C G C G
At night I look into the sky and see so many stars shining far away
But when I looked into your eyes the light of a hundred stars was shining my way
And I wished that moment would last far from the past and forever today.
Then I saw you only in my dreams where I told you all the things I always wanted to say
It’s as if I’ve known you somewhere before. I still feel in my heart, but the memories are hid away

Chorus

C G F C G
Away to the land of my dreams
Away when nothing impossible seems
Away where the sun brighter gleams
Away where her eyes shine like stars and my dreams don’t seem so far away

I lied down and dreamed in the night, where I went to a land so glorious and bright
And there I saw your smiling face shining to me in a brilliant white light
But when I woke from my dream you were gone, but my memory of you did forever live on
And I won’t let it fade away.

To Chorus

Tonight I look into the sky and see so many stars shining far away
But when I looked into your eyes the light of a hundred stars was shining my way

When I met you I saw my dream brought to life
And I felt a love for you that would never die
Something in me that at rest did lay
Came back to me as an early spring day
‘Twas for you that my soul did long
And in you I found my harmony and song

Surly as I saw the sun shining bright, the feeling in my heart I knew was right
When my bright shiny day turned to night I looked to you and found my light
Now all but hope is gone. That hope for you I’ll still hold on
I wont let it fade away

Away to the time of my dreams
A day when nothing impossible seemed
Away where the sun brighter gleamed
Away where your eyes shined like stars and my dreams are not that far away.

-Danielle M. (©2004)

0 comments:

Post a Comment